International Illustration Competition
International Competition for Illustrators
The competition is organised by the Cultural Association Editoriale Unicorn, under the patronage of the Municipality of Cavallino Treporti.
Registration procedures will be open until 30 September 2021 and the date of sending the email will be considered the official date.
Notice of competition
Art. 1 - PURPOSE
The Associazione Culturale Editoriale Unicorn (Unicorn Cultural Association), hereinafter referred to as the Association, announces the first edition of the International Competition "Cavallino Illustrators" aimed at promoting and enhancing the art of Illustrative Publishing and Advertising.
The competition is free and open to anyone aged 13 or over (minors must have written authorisation from their parents or tutor).
Art. 2 - TECHNIQUES and WORKS
ONLY WORKS THAT HAVE NOT ALREADY BEEN AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS MAY BE SUBMITTED.
The works can be created in complete stylistic and technical freedom, both in black and white and in colour. Participants may send their works (max. 3 plates) in high-resolution jpeg format.
Offensive works will be excluded from the selection. Participants guarantee the originality of the material submitted. In the event that images have already been awarded in other competitions, they will be excluded.
Art. 3 - JURY
The Jury, made up of experts and authors, will make an initial selection of the works received to be admitted to the competition, from which it will then choose the final winners. Only the works admitted to the competition will be published on the website and then in the digital and printed edition.
The Jury will select the best illustrations based on the following criteria:
- Technical quality (points from 1 to 10)
- Communicative impact (points from 1 to 10)
- Originality and artistic value (points from 1 to 10)
The Jury's decisions are final and indisputable. Awarded artists are entitled to renounce the prize without asking the Association for any form of compensation. In this case, the prize will be reassigned according to the ranking drawn up by the Jury.
Art. 4 - PRIZES
The winner will receive
- A plaque certifying the victory of the competition.
- One of his or her works will be used for the cover of the publication (both digital and printed versions).
- He/she will receive 30 free copies of the Competition's printed publication.
The finalists will be announced on 31 October 2021 and the prize-giving ceremony on 1 December 2021.
A certificate of participation will be sent to all admitted participants and their works will be published on the Competition website.
Art. 4b - PUBLICATION
A publication of about 100 pages will be produced, both in paper version (distributed on the main platforms, Amazon books, Feltrinelli, Ibs books, Streetlib. etc.) and in free digital version.
The cover and the first pages will be reserved for the winner of the competition, while the authors will be published in order of prize-giving until the space available is exhausted.
Art. 5 - HOW TO APPLY
The initiative is non-profit and one of the aims of its mission is to enhance and promote Illustrative Art, with the possibility of seeking out young talent.
Since the Association will provide for the actual realization of the Competition and the printing of the anthology, in order to provide a minimum form of self-supporting support for the initiative, a participation fee of € 10 (euro 10,00) is requested to partially cover the expenses.
The fee can be paid by bank transfer to:
Unicorn Publishing Association
Intesa San Paolo Bank
IBAN: IT82 W030 6983 2101 0000 0004 309
branch of Cà Savio - Cavallino Treporti
The reason for payment must be as follows:
Participation fee for the "Cavallino Illustrators 2021" competition.
The registration will be considered complete only after the fee has been credited.
The subject line of the e-mail should read: "Cavallino Illustrators 2021". Entries without identification data or that do not comply with the regulations and/or lack the required forms will be excluded from the competition.
Art. 6 - SENDING
MAX. 3 TABLES
Each panel must be sent in digital format no later than midnight on 30 September 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org and must have the following characteristics
- 300 dpi resolution.
- jpg format.
- minimum size 2480X3508 px.
The subject of the file must be: name and surname, title of the work and page number.
In addition, the following must be attached
- application form,
- photo(s) of the author(s)
- brief curriculum vitae(s),
- brief synopsis to be used for publications (max. 500 characters).
Works not complying with the provisions and/or lacking the required forms will be excluded from the competition.
The material sent will not be returned.
Art. 7 - USE OF THE WORKS
The Association reserves the right to use the works sent for the competition for non-commercial purposes (exhibitions, websites, album production, shows) without any restriction or request for financial participation.
Art. 8 - Forms
The participation form and other forms will be available on the website www.associazioneculturaleunicorn.it and must be completed in full. Non-compliant applicants will be excluded from the competition.
Art. 9 - RESPONSIBILITY
The participant acknowledges and accepts
- that by sending the work he/she declares under his/her own responsibility to be the legitimate owner of all the relative and/or connected rights and to be able to legally dispose of them for the described purposes;
- that the Association will not be liable in any way for any use and/or abuse that third parties may make of the comics exhibited;
- that the participants grant the Association the right to use the work for the purposes of the competition;
- to accept in its entirety the rules of the competition in every part and with it the unquestionable judgement of the jury;
- to be aware of the responsibilities and sanctions provided for by law for false statements and mendacious declarations (art. 78 DPR 28/12/2000 n° 445);
- to consent to the processing of personal data for purposes relating to the competition or in any other authorised context (advertising, websites, social networks, exhibitions) in accordance with the provisions of Legislative Decree No. 196/03.
Art. 10 - PRIVACY
Each participant expressly authorises the Unicorn Publishing Cultural Association, as well as their direct delegates, to process the personal data transmitted in accordance with law 675/96 (Privacy Law) and subsequent modifications (Legislative Decree 196/2003 - Privacy Code), for the purposes and purposes indicated above, also for inclusion in databases managed by the Association itself.
The works will be published in the digital catalogue and on the website of the Unicorn Publishing Cultural Association, with exclusively cultural and artistic intentions, and without profit, as permitted by current privacy legislation.
Art. 11 - MODIFICATIONS, CANCELLATION
The organisers reserve the right to cancel and modify the terms and conditions of participation in this competition, without prior notice in the event of force majeure. As far as possible, the Association will inform participants in advance by all appropriate means. In this case, no compensation will be provided.
Participation in the exhibition implies knowledge and full acceptance of these Rules and Regulations.
PARTECIPATION REQUEST FORM
MINOR PARTECIPATION AUTHORIZATION FORM